Delhi High Court Restrains 20 Rogue Websites Streaming Barrios vs Ryan Garcia Fight, Grants DAZN Dynamic Injunction

Update: 2026-02-20 05:13 GMT

The Delhi High Court has recently restrained 20 rogue websites from illegally streaming the “Mario Barrios vs. Ryan Garcia” boxing match scheduled for February 21, 2026. The court held that DAZN Limited had made out a strong case for urgent protection of its exclusive broadcast rights. Granting an ex parte ad interim injunction,

Justice Tushar Rao Gedela observed, “In such case, the plaintiffs, appears to have a prima facie strong case for an ex-parte ad-interim injunction.”

The court further held that the “balance of convenience is tilted in favour of the plaintiffs” and that “irreparable loss and injury that may be caused in case ex parte ad-interim injunction is not granted, may not be adequately compensated in monetary terms.”

The court restrained 20 known websites from “in any manner communicating, hosting, streaming, and/or making available for viewing and downloading, without authorization” the plaintiffs' exclusive broadcasts of the February 21 Fight Card “so as to infringe the plaintiffs' exclusive rights.

It directed Domain Name Registrars to lock or suspend the domain name registrations of the infringing websites forthwith. Internet Service Providers were ordered to block access immediately. The registrars were also directed to disclose complete registrant details, including names, addresses, email IDs, phone numbers, IP addresses, and payment modes, within one week.

DAZN told the Court that it had acquired exclusive media rights for India, including television, digital and ancillary rights, for the boxing event to be held in Las Vegas. The rights were stated to have been confirmed through a letter dated February 9, 2026. The company said it intended to stream the event through its website and mobile application in India.

It alleged that several rogue websites had previously streamed its copyrighted content without authorisation and that similar infringement was likely during the upcoming fight.

Counsel for DAZN submitted that in earlier matters involving live sporting events, once specific infringing websites were blocked, additional illegal platforms would surface during the broadcast. They sought what is commonly known as a dynamic injunction to prevent such circumvention. They maintained that they had not granted any licence to the defendant websites and that continued unauthorised streaming would interfere with their statutory rights under the Copyright Act, 1957.

On February 19, 2026, the court granted that additional protection. It held that if further infringing websites are discovered, the plaintiff is “at liberty to communicate the details of such websites, including their domain names and URLs," to the concerned registrars and service providers.

Upon such intimation with supporting evidence, the registrars are directed “to forthwith lock or suspend the domain name registrations," and the service providers are directed “to immediately block access to the said websites.”

The court clarified that these directions “shall subsist only during the currency of the event scheduled to be held on 21.02.2026 (Fight Card).”

For DAZN: Advocates Sidharth Chopra, Yatinder Garg, Akshay Maloo, Ishi Singh, Manish Singh and Shudhata Sudhi

For GoDaddy: Advocates Mrinal Ojha, Debashish Dutta, Arjun Mookerjee and Anmol Dhinsa

Click here to read/download Feb 19 order

Tags:    
Case Title :  Dazn Limited & Anr. v. Olympicstreams.Co & Ors.Case Number :  CS(COMM) 152/2026 & I.A. 4277/2026CITATION :  2026 LLBiz HC (DEL) 168

Similar News